Friday, March 7, 2008

New Info

We recieved all of Abel's info last night. It breaks my heart to read the stories of childrens abandonments. The good news is his labs look great but he is grossly underweight. He will be close to 3 and he is only 22 lbs. Yikes Lilly is not 2 yet and is 27 lbs. We are also thinking his age may be way off since they only guessed his age. When we get him home we will have a wrist X ray done to get a little more accurate age on him. We have just finished up all our Hague required classes. Thank God for online learning, It would be impossible for Frank and I to both be present in a classromm without 3 kids for 10 hours of learning and taking time off work, since I work weekends. I love the freedom to sit down for an hour or so in our jammies after the kiddos are in bed. Again I wish I could post some pics of him but this is against Ethiopian law untill we have cleared court. On another note once we are paper ready Abel has already been through the 3 month wait for an abandonment case to apply to court so we will apply for a court date immediatly. This takes around 6 weeks to get then if we pass court we will travel 4 weeks later. Wow I better start shopping.

1 comment:

Jessica and Eddie said...

Wow--Very exciting. Cant wait to follow your new journey.