Monday, March 17, 2008

For Children, For all Human Beings


Here is why my husband and I feel the way we do about helping out unfortunate children. We as Americans have no clue what the rest of the world is going through. As someone flips me off in traffic because I didn't gun it and pull in front of another car so they can save 2 minutes off their commute. I pray for them to reflect on what other human beings are experiencing right now in the world. I am blessed beyond comprehension and we can save 2 from certain death. This is how we feel our walk with Christ is to be done. Thank you Lord for showing our mission to us and making it ever so clear. I pray that others will find their mission with you as well.
For those who can't read the post you can click on it to enlarge but this is the 1994 Pulitzer prize photo of a child in Sudan crawling towards a UN food camp about a kilometer away. The Buzzard is waiting for the child to die. Three months after this photo was taken the Pulitzer prize winning photographer commited suicide due to depression at the attrocities he had seen.

No comments: