Friday, March 14, 2008

A little light in the tunnel

So our homestudy corrections are done and sitting on our agency's directors desk. I called yes, I'm a maniac and she said she would get it done today. Yippeee. OK so that means I 'll get 3 notarized copies from our social worker next week. 1 to Illien, 1 to USCIS, and 1 for our keeps. So lord willing the Dossier will be sent next week to Washington DC for translation and authentication. then to Ethiopia , then once its registered we will officially accept Abel as our referral. This process should take about 4-6 weeks. Then a 6 week wait for a court date then 4 more weeks to travel. The mad rush is because Ethiopian courts close the months of August- Oct. so if you don't get in under the wire you have to wait till Nov. to travel. I hate to think of our son sitting in an orphanage an extra 2-3 months because paperwork took soooo darn long. Well I'm going to include a you tube clip here from the WWO (world wide orphans) for those who know me I desperatly want to volunteer to be an Orphan Ranger when I get all my kids a bit older. This is a big dream of mine and with my experience as a RN in the Operating room I'm hoping to go on cleft pallete team or other OR teams to volunteer for orphans. Or help with the many other projects that my skills as an RN can be used. If you watch towards the end of the video they cover Tam Binh #2 which is the orphanage our Lillian was in. It is amazing what WWO has accomplished just with this 1 orphanage to help HIV positive children. Truly an organiztion to be proud of. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lChFy9au2xc

No comments: