Friday, March 7, 2008

Boys come from frogs, snails, and puppydog tails




For anyone who knows me I'm a bit nervous about being a mom to a son. i have never really gotten to experience this. From what I see of little boys is alot of running ,jumping, anf spitting. Girls have consumed my life thus far. So this will be interesting. On a positive note I sure like the fact that he won't get horribly upset if I pick out the wrong shoes to match an outfit and have to deal with all the drama. Yes our precious son will change our families dynamic for the better and forever. As they say little boys are made from frogs, snails, and puppy dog tails. Oh Lord please do not let my son bring any of the above mentioned things into the house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaime, I just found your blog from your post on the VN board and I am so excited for you and your family! We, too, have only raised girls and will be bringing two preschool-aged boys home this spring or summer, God willing. I share your concerns about the bugs and slugs coming into the house, but I am SO looking forward to no dresses, no tights, no bows, no bras, no makeup, and well, no feminine hygiene products!

I hope all that you're hoping for comes to pass and when I pray for my boys, I'll pray for your Abel, too (I know he's already yours in your heart).

Gina
http://fiveinthehive.wordpress.com
fiveinthehive@gmail.com

Jessica and Eddie said...

A funny little story--Eddie and I were waiting somewhere one day. This rowdy little boy was all over the place. I was thinking to myself oh can I handle a boy. Well he then precedes to go outside. He first puts his hands all over the cigarette thingy and shakes it. He then walks over to the trash can and sticks his head in it. Im not kidding, he sticks his whole head in the trash can. He then grabs a fountain drink cup out of the trash and starts to play with it. Finally his dad comes outside to get him. I felt like I wanted to take my germex out to the man to use on his son. I was wondering the whole time if my little boy was going to be like this. I thought I know Hannah, Jos and Gracie would not have done any of that. So I guess we better get ready for those little boys. I am sure they are going to be rowdy!!