OK so we were so blessed to get 3new pics from our agency yesterday, but I have to admitthe one picture has really bummed out frank and I. Sure he never smiles or has any expressioninthose pics but this is what our Lillian did in the orphanage as well. i call it orphanage affect. but then as you pan down in the pic you see his pants are soaked with pee. I guess We're just sad thinking noone cares enough or is way tooo busy to change our little mans pants. I do uderstand that resources are scarce but when you see that stark reality on a child that we already feel is ours it hurts knowing that mommy can't do a thing to make it better. People who know me would tell you I'll move mountains for my kids. Before Frank and i knew each other we both lived through single parenthood. We both really understand the sacrifices it takes and we both loved and cherished every moment with all of our kids. I have faced many circumstances as well and I can assure anyone I will go to the ends of the earth for my kids.
On another note we are really doubting the age of our Abel as well the story and dates on the police report don't add up. We really feel he is a young 2. Not a soon to be 3. This is fine with us but we will have to determine his bone age by X-ray once he is home . It would be unfair to start him in preschool, ice skating, etc. if he is not old enough. There are some other real clues as well but I won't get into them here. i imagine it is hard to age a toddler that is all alone and not able to tell you anything about himself. And I do believe this happens all the time with orphans.Well please pray for our dossier to go through translation quickly and a quick court date.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That picture must have broken your heart. Ahh, take heart little Abel, soon you will never have wet pants again..or an empty belly, or a cold and dark night feeling all alone.
Cheers to a fast process.
Aimee
That must have broken your heart, I can only imagine.
You know we are praying for you guys.
Cathy
Post a Comment