Saturday, August 30, 2008

We are Home

I arrived exhausted and smelly for the 18 plus hour trip home. Abel was pretty good on the flight , we have had some real battles this past week, but no one said adopting toddlers was easy. i am now of the belief that it may be the hardest age group to adopt. Still trying to recover from jetlag and I was up at 3am with Abel making breakfast. I will give all the dtails of our jurney when I am more rested and adjusted, but all is well he bonded instantly to my husband. He is definitly a mans man and prefers men much more than women. And on the short last flight home from Washington to Cleveland he belted out African tribal music for the entire journey. All I could say to the other passengers was I guess you didn't realize there would be live African tribal music for your entertainment for this flight. He does walk up to any African Americans and strts rambling in Amharic to them and waits for their reply, he doesn't grasp that they do not speak Amharic, so its kindof cute to watch him just talk and talk nonstop at us as he is telling us something very exciting. He did say in English when we landed in the USA and I bought him some Reeses Pieces " American boy and Chocolate" with the biggest grin ever. So I'll get my digital camera loaded here soon and post.

6 comments:

G&K said...

Wonderful. Glad to hear you are all home safe. I had read on Catherine's blog last night that you were home and was waiting for a post. Sounds like Abel will be quickly making a lot of new friends with his personality. Can't wait for some photos.

nancy said...

YEAHHHHH! Welcome Home!! You know I love that kid!

Annie said...

Welcome Home!! How exciting :) Can't wait to read all about your journey and hope I get to meet you and Abel this fall.

Tia said...

Welcome home! The girls are so excited Abel is in America!!

Laura said...

I am so glad you are home! Congratulations! It sounds like your beautiful boy has REALLY come out of his shell since I met him in June.

God bless!

Dodds said...

Welcome home from the Dodds! Can't wait to see pictures of your journey and your new little guy!