Friday, August 15, 2008
1 week to go
So I've been packing like a fiend. And had to do lots of reorganizing. It's hard to keep the weight under 100 lbs. Most of it is donations for the orphanage. Abel and I have very little. people have been so generous as well. We have many cans of Soy formula, diapers, wipes, clothing, medications, and yes lots of toys. My friend Cathy just emailed me from Dubai and will be with her daughter in Ethiopia in about 6 more hours. She has promised to give lots of love to Abel for me and she is staying at the same guesthouse I will be at the Italian owned Guesthouse is suppose to be very adoption friendly. I will post the phone number there in case anyone wants to give me a ring there. I will be there next Sat am and will be leaving for home on the following Thurs. afternoon. dial 011 251 1 14672660 and ask to be connected to Sereika's room. i'm also brushing up on my Amharic, i already have a favorite phrase. "chigger yellum" which means "No Problem" . Love it, I could say it all day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Have a safe trip Jamie. Can't wait to see you with Abel.
Post a Comment