Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Sad Day

So as to not feel sorry for myself, i'm trying to remain upbeat, but do not feel that way at all inside. So today I will start unpacking for Ethiopia and put away Abels things untill someday when we may get the call. I say may because I am just so down in the dumps I can't even find the positive that we will get there someday. the thought start running through your head like will he be 5 y. o. and none of the clothes I bought will fit him. How long can this investigation go? I feel like any criminal investigation in the USA months and months. I no longer feel inside that we will make the court closures . I just feel so depressed and angry at myself that I allowed myself to get so excited and psyched and attached to this little boy and now I feel so hurt and destroyed inside. So with tears in my eyes I am putting away the little baseball caps and army camoflage crocs.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your disappointment and for Abel having to keep waiting for you to bring him home to his new family. I'm also waiting, waiting, waiting to travel to bring home my two boys from VN. We're more than five months post-referral and I'm beginning to crack. I hope you'll find your peace soon and Abel's case will pass court before the closures. Hugs, Gina

K said...

I'm really sorry Jamie. I know it's really sad and I hope that there is a ray of sunshine headed your way soon.

nancy said...

Jamie--I literally FEEL your pain. i am so sorry this is happening to our kids!! IT BITES!!

The Ben Show said...

Oh my. I'm so sorry.

Mary said...

I know exactly what you mean. I'm so sorry. It is hard to keep hoping when there's been so little to look forward to. I'm sure it's even harder when you've had to cancel the trip--I can't imagine. Don't beat yourself up about having been excited--you couldn't have predicted what happened. You have a lot of friends who are with you in spirit.

Annie said...

I am so sorry...I cannot imagine the heartache you are feeling...you and your family will be in my prayers.

And, yes, you will get there someday and all this pain will be worth it then. thinking of you--