Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ethiopian reunion






We just got back from Atlanta and visiting my friend Cathy and having a mini Enat Alem reunion with some of the kids from Abel's orphanage. At first I was really worried when we arrived at Cathy's as Abel just shut down on me. I think the fact that we took a plane ride then we open the door and he sees all the older kiddos who participated in his care at the orphanage really freaked him out. it took a good 30 minutes to convince him we weren't in Ethiopia and all these kids were in America now. I can't imagine his heartbreak thinking I took him back. He quickly remade buddies he hasn't seen in a while and the older kids even say how much different Abel is now. A much happier , smiling boy. I can agree when I look at the photos of him in the orphanage just staring at cameras, no smiles, no emotions. to the boy who is on a constant run and loudly screaming out and cheering, Yes Lord this year has seen an amazing transformation in my son.

1 comment:

nancy said...

jealous a little. but glad you had a good time. abel looks great!!!