Saturday, September 6, 2008
Attachment issues?
So I have a few books on order about attachment and I am anxiously awaiting them. I know Abel can attach cause he has picked my husband as his best friend in the world. I am fine with this but he looks at me with an almost resentment and I'm not sure how "normal" this is. Right now I tried to rock him to sleep and he screamed bloody murder untill Frank came in and instantly he went to him and he is now rocking him to sleep. What is the answer and how do we approach this, I don't know. If I 'm suppose to sit back and let him come to me I'm ok with that but it makes the weekdays hard since I am the stay at home mom. I'm at a loss as to what is the right thing to do. Although occassionally i get a smile from him and I did get to feed him a cookie tonight it's just baby steps as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
jamie! i know he CAN attach too b/c he was very attached to a couple of the nannies at Enat. is there a specialist in your area? if not, i have the number for one here that maybe would consult with you on the phone!! hang in.
I have seen 3 families this summer that the same exact thing has happened...the boys went for Daddy and totally rejected Mom the first couple of months. We assume it was the result of their wariness of women after birth moms had to give them up.
In reference to Nancy's comment, are you going to one of the IA clinics here? We are going to Cleveland Clinic one...I wanted the UH one because a good dr friend of mine totally respects the one dr at the UH clinic but it's out of network for my insurance. I am sure the CC one is just fine, too.
Post a Comment