Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A loss of Beloved Brittney


Last night I lost my best 4 legged friend. To say my Brittney Spaniel named Brittney was a member of the family is an understatement. The dog was with me through thick and thin. At the lowest points of my life through my divorce and muddling through single parenting of 2 babies. to the birth and adoption of my children. She was my rock or someone I could hold on to. I loved our walks down to Lake Erie and letting her swim in the lake to chase ducks. She loved every person she ever ran into except the mailman. I never ever used a baby monitor at night since she slept right by the cribs and came to get me if they were fussing. She watched as my toddlers did wrong and participated with them, such as the sharpie marker incident. She let them write on my walls then sat still as the children decorated her with squiggle marks. That took weeks to grow out and shave off. For 4 long years I stood by her side as her heart began to fail, We had echos done to see how to best manage her failing heart and added medicines if necessary. I just knew last night she couldn't take any more. As I cried with the vet she cried too expressing the loss of a special dog to her too.So I knew in all great things come to an end, and I am greatful God gave her to me from that small farm inTexas to be my very own for a short flash of time.

5 comments:

The Ben Show said...

Oh wow, that is so hard. I'm sorry for your loss!

Aimee said...

As the loving mother of a 14 year old "West Virginia Brown Dog" I am so sorry to hear of th eloss of one of your "kids".

Baby N's Mom said...

I'm am so sorry. I've had to say good-bye to two dogs in my 39 years and I'm not looking forward to the day I have to make that decision for my 12 year old. My thoughts are with you.

Lennah and Delylah's mom said...

We are praying for you. We love you guys and want nothing but for things to start changing this week.
Cathy

Amaye-Dedra said...

As the mother of 2 spoiled 4 & 5 year old chichi, diamon and lexy, my eyes fill with tears as i think about what you are going through. I am so sorry for your loss of your baby.