Friday, February 12, 2010

Long time






Well i haven't been doing a very good job at keeping this up, but life gets busy. Lillian has pneumonia right now but we are greatful for the wonderful strong antibiotics and good care as she was able to stay home with us this year instead of another hospitalization. Our dog JOJO contracted pneumonia as well. I don;t think from each other but I'm not really sure if humans and dogs can share the same colds? Since I posted last August Our household has had its fair share of illness. We all had H1N1 in October. Man that was pleasant (Not) . As a Nurse there were people inour hospital who did not survive this flu/ it was terrible. I was ill for a long time with it as well and i did have the vaccine as well but that's another argument.. Abel amazingly came through everything like a breeze , even the H1N1 just 1 day down with an extra long nap, cough and fever, He was fine in a day. I wouldn't have believed he had it except his nasal swab was positive. I swear he has an amazing immune system. He's growing really fast. And he really wants to go to preschool next year. He had his initial tryouts and interview last week so we'll see. The preschools in our community are very competitive but I know my Abel can do it.. We should know in a week or so if he'll have a spot. Lillian tried out too but I'm not so sure yet if we will be sending her. They are being raised as the same age (born a day apart) But Lillian will be starting her 1 year of medication regimen to treat her liver disease. This will be difficult as hr immune system will be assulted by the meds as well as her red blood cells. So at this point I think we will continue her home schooling. On the exciting end Abel has 2 National ads with Little Tikes now. We are so proud of him. This was a kid who would never look at a camera in Ethiopia, now hes a model HA.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

:) I have an eye out for Abel on tv. :)

Lennah and Delylah's mom said...

Did you change the name on your blog? I thought I was bad about posting. LOL.