Well in the next few weeks we will be very busy , getting back to the school routine, we have 4 orphan kittens so young their eyes aren't even open yet which means every 4 hour feedings. But I wanted to take a minute and recognize that on the 23 rd of August it will be 1 year since I met my son. We can't imagine life without him although I will have to admit the beginning was tough. It almost makes love all the more sweeter when you have to make a conscience choice to do it and try to win the trust of this very very sad boy who had a horrific beginning. I know that when he started looking for me and crying when I had to go to work that we made some real progress. He actually misses me . So yes that makes winning over my sons affections all the more satisfying. Those who adopt kids with Reactive Attachment Problems please take heart. It does get much better with time and patience. My son is growing up to be such a caring , sensitive young man and I wouldn't want it any other way. Heres some pice of him around the time he came home and the present. he has gained close to a whopping 25 lbs. grown about 6 inches, and has gone up 8 shoe sizes. Unbelievable. i though he was just going to be a tiny little guy, but he has some real potential to be a pretty tall guy when he's grown. He loves his puppy and shows so much affection to him which is the reason why that puppy did not go back after foster care to the APL. Its amazing to see a boy and his dog both orphans that seem to have a bond i can't explain.
Monday, August 17, 2009
1 year later
Well in the next few weeks we will be very busy , getting back to the school routine, we have 4 orphan kittens so young their eyes aren't even open yet which means every 4 hour feedings. But I wanted to take a minute and recognize that on the 23 rd of August it will be 1 year since I met my son. We can't imagine life without him although I will have to admit the beginning was tough. It almost makes love all the more sweeter when you have to make a conscience choice to do it and try to win the trust of this very very sad boy who had a horrific beginning. I know that when he started looking for me and crying when I had to go to work that we made some real progress. He actually misses me . So yes that makes winning over my sons affections all the more satisfying. Those who adopt kids with Reactive Attachment Problems please take heart. It does get much better with time and patience. My son is growing up to be such a caring , sensitive young man and I wouldn't want it any other way. Heres some pice of him around the time he came home and the present. he has gained close to a whopping 25 lbs. grown about 6 inches, and has gone up 8 shoe sizes. Unbelievable. i though he was just going to be a tiny little guy, but he has some real potential to be a pretty tall guy when he's grown. He loves his puppy and shows so much affection to him which is the reason why that puppy did not go back after foster care to the APL. Its amazing to see a boy and his dog both orphans that seem to have a bond i can't explain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jamie!!! 25 lbs!! that is incredible. you are doing such a great job with him!!
Post a Comment