Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Officially on his way to US citizenship






So a busy household here the last 2 weeks. We first went to the zoo on New Years eve Day for their celebration of Noon Years Eve and the ball drop at 12 noon. It was very cold actually -3 degrees without windchill. The kids danced around to Radio Disney's DJ and we won some prizes, watched the ball drop and we went to the Rain Forest for lunch and some tropical 83 degree fun. I don't think Abel could understand why we were hanging outside in our ski gear just to watch a ball fall out of the sky and when I tried to explain it to him he just seemed confused. actually since my tears were freezing to my face I was confused as well:)

On Jan 7th we celebrated Ganna, which is Ethiopian Orthodox Christmas with our small but growing Northeast Ohio Ethiopian adoptees group. We went to the local Ethiopian Rest. and a great time was had by all. We just recieved our 4th new member , a very young 6 month boy. Soooo cute. So now a total of 3 boys and one little girl.

Then today we went to court to readopt Abel. it went very well, and was a very easy process. He is now on his way to becomming a full fledged US citizen. They also changed his age today to the much more acurate 2 and a half and not almost 4 year old. So now I can get busy sending court orders to insurance companies, etc. Adoption process almost complete. Whew. I am going to post lots of pics of the last few weeks.

1 comment:

Annie said...

It was so nice seeing you last week. I feel so blessed by this group and so connected to everyone :)

Readoption already? GOOD for you. I put it off. I should probably call you with a few questions. I have one reference letter done but need to ask someone else for the other one and I have Maya's medical letter done. I guess I just need our file sent to court and I have a good start, right?

Congrats to your family on such a special day!