Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Catching my breath

So I haven't updated for awhile cause I've been horribly busy. Well its official, they are not babies anymore. They both reluctantly threw all the baba's in a box that will be given to other needy babies (so they are told) I didn't want to say I was pitching those chewed up things in the trash you know. And the potty training is pretty much over for both, an occassional accident while sleeping but that is about it. As a mom you want to rejoice their movements towards growing up and independence but inside you are screaming NOOOOO!!! I'm not ready for them to start driving a car. OK Get a grip I know, But it goes by just tooo fast. Next week we are scheduled for Abel's 6 month follow up, although its only been 4 but Illien I guess wants it really early. And Abel is going to the dentist to have all these teeth filled. Its a ton too so he will have a little happy juice to get through it all.
Abel is really facinated by Christmas lights he screams out "Look" every time we go by a house with lights. it's amazing to watch the miracle of Christmas unfold to a child who has never imagined it possible. it makes me sad for the kids that will never experience it. All he talks about is Santa aka (HoHo). He use to ask me occassionally to go back to Ethiopia and when i asked him recently if he still wants to go back he said in broken English. "'No, I Americano boy, HOHO comes America, I stay here."

1 comment:

Annie said...

oh, how sweet..Abel's comment about staying in America. Hope to see you soon...maybe January??